Saturday, December 23, 2006

First Hair Cut


On Wednesday, Pankaj and I took Samedh to the salon to meet Alicia, who cuts our hair. After Daddy got his trim, it was Samedh's turn. He did very well, most likely because it was close to his bedtime. We kept a few curls that were cut off, and now I need to find the best way to save them in a scrapbook.
We are all doing well at home, and Samedh continues to make great progress every day. He is standing more on his own (and very proud of himself for doing so) and is also getting into more mischief (in Hindi, the word for mischief is "masti").
Mr. Masti and I ventured out to the post office on Thursday morning, which was our first outing of just the two of us since we've been home. We mailed some packages to a couple of families who also recently adopted from Bal Vikas. One family is in Michigan and their son is nine days older than Samedh. The other family lives in Texas, and their daughter and Samedh are only two days apart. (Samedh is the "baby" of the bunch.) Samedh did so well at the post office, so I decided to take him to Walgreens so we could order a few photos for Christmas cards. Then we went on to the bank to visit Daddy and meet some of his co-workers. Samedh was well behaved, but just a little quiet because it was close to his nap time. He slept in the car on the drive back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved these pictures! Handsome little Samedh seems to be adjusting so well, and that's exciting to hear he's standing on his own a little....just wait until Mr. Masti is walking- mischief will abound!