Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Happy Independence Day!


Today is India's Independence Day, and we plan to celebrate by lighting some fireworks later tonight. Now that we have two Indian citizens in our household, we figured we should do something to mark the occasion, even if it's something small. Samedh still talks about the fireworks from July 4th, so I'm sure he'll be excited to see some again. (We'll be saving the rest for Diwali in November.)
This morning, Samedh and I attended a summer play group at a local park. They had songs that were new to us, and crafts and a parachute. I thought Samedh would enjoy the parachute, but he wasn't too sure about it. We also met another local Indian family there, whose daughter is 5 years old. The mom is friends with our India adoptive friends who live near Detroit, and they recently put us in touch with each other. It turns out that our families live only minutes from each other. It truly is a small world!

No comments: