Samedh suited up for outdoor play. Mittens and topi (hat) were added later.
Pankaj digging us out after another lake effect snow storm and bitter cold temps!
Samedh shows off his "chipped tooth", after falling down on Friday. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haven't posted in a while; there's rarely enough spare time these days. We had a quiet New Year's Eve and had our share of illness over the last several weeks. We're all better now. Here are some pics taken over the last few weeks to give you all what we've been up to lately.
Samedh has graduated to a big boy toddler bed, where he takes his naps in the afternoon. Upon Daddy's request, Samedh still sleeps in our bedroom at night, but hopefully we can start transitioning him to his own room over the next several months.
During "New Year's Week", we made a road trip to Novi to visit Samedh's friend Anish. The boys hadn't seen each other since their September birthday parties, so they were really looking forward to this visit. Samedh was a little quiet during the beginning of the afternoon, only to discover later that he had a fever. After some motrin, he perked right up and the two boys played nicely together.
The next photo is Samedh all dressed up to play outside one evening. He got to use the "big shovel" and even walked around in the snow a bit. At one time, he fell on all fours and needed help getting back up. This was his first time playing outside in the snow this winter (he had been sick previously). This winter is also Samedh's first "walking winter", as last year at this time he was not walking yet.
The photo of Pankaj snowblowing was taken just this afternoon. We got plenty of lake effect snow yesterday and overnight, and he finally had to dig us out. When I got up at 7am today, the temperature outside was 2 degrees. It should warm to a high of 12 by the end of the day, however. Just only a couple weeks ago, Samedh and I were playing outside wearing only sweatshirts and jeans in 62 degree temps! That's Michigan weather for you!
Our final photo to share is Samedh showing off his chipped tooth. Unfortunately, he fell down on his face on Friday while playing at our local school's monthly literacy playgroup. He was only a few feet away from me, and I saw him trip and fall and there was nothing I could do to stop him. He broke his fall with his hands, but his head still bounced hard on the floor when he landed. He cut his upper lip, and we got the bleeding to stop quickly. Luckily the teacher had a first aid kit and plenty of ice packs. Once the bleeding was under control, I noticed part of his tooth had chipped off. We left class a little early and drove immediately to the dentist office for advice. Our dentist, Dr. Nelson, was busy with patients, but Samedh got in immediately to see "Dr. Kevin". We are happy to report that the tooth is firmly intact and only chipped on the corner. No root or pulp is exposed, so he should be ok. Dr. Nelson peeked in at the end, and told Samedh that he could pick out a toy. That stopped the crying instantly! We went home that day with orders to eat soft foods for 2 days, as well as a little purple race car. Samedh and I have a cleaning appointment coming up in June, so at that time they will attempt to file his tooth and smooth out the chip.
I don't think Samedh realizes that part of his tooth is gone. He'll only tell you proudly, "I fell down. I stumbled." And, "Dr. Kevin had to see you." (referring to himself) He's especially thankful to our neighbors across the street, who also attended class that day. They brought him a cupcake Friday afternoon, which he quickly devoured. I also baked brownies for him because they are a "soft food". So for the last couple of days, Samedh has been dining on Yo Baby Yogurt, pudding, brownies and the cupcake for snacks. Meals consist of mashed potatoes, pancakes, eggs, and mac and cheese. One good outcome of this ordeal? I did a complete inspection of Samedh's teeth and mouth, and discovered that his 2-year molars are starting to come in. He has two molars coming through on the left side. Nothing on the right yet, but I'm sure they'll slowly emerge over the coming weeks. So, he may have lost a little corner of his front tooth, but he's quickly gaining his last set of baby teeth.







No comments:
Post a Comment