Thursday, July 17, 2008

Monet, Degas, and the Big Horse





We visited Frederik Meijer Gardens in GR on Tuesday. It was the first time we had ever been to the outdoor gardens and sculpture park. In the past it has always been butterflies indoors or at Christmas time. This was absolutely beautiful, but hot too. It was a perfect day for the beach, so after about an hour outside wandering through the Monet-inspired gardens, we ventured indoors for the Degas exhibit. I really enjoyed that, but Samedh was tired and had enough by then. Thank goodness for the stroller! I hope to make one more trip to the outdoor gardens this summer and another one in the fall. There is so much to explore outside, and Tuesday's visit was just the beginning. Oh, and by the way, if you look closely at the horse's nostril, you can see a wasp nest inside. Samedh thought that was pretty funny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb!~
Loved the pictures! Sananda always loves seeing Samedh's photos.
Wondering if you got my mail I sent you recently, I think maybe it got sent to an old address? Let me know.

Lynda
Sananda's Mommy