Saturday, October 07, 2006

Photo Shoot, Food, & Fun

I've always heard it's not easy being a model, and last night we got a chance to experience that first hand!
Pankaj called me late Friday afternoon and asked if I'd like to join him & another bank couple at a photo shoot for a local restaurant...there would be a free dinner afterwards. The catch? We had to dress in "summer attire", and they preferred we not wear any black or white clothing. Most of my summer stuff has already been packed away, except for a few things I'll be taking to India. Last night was beautiful, and the sunset was wonderful - - a perfect backdrop for a photo shoot. It was just a little cold, but the restaurant provided a bottle of wine which helped warm things up.

The funniest part of the photo shoot was the photographer kept asking Pankaj to hold up a shrimp appetizer from the huge platter in front of him. He could't eat the shrimp (thank goodness because he's extremely allergic), but just had to hold it casually. Then we all just had to laugh and talk and carry on like we were having a great time (and we were), and the photographer kept shooting away. Most of our "pretend conversation" revolved around how Pankaj is allergic to shrimp, lobster, and other shellfish. At the end, the photographer showed us the photos. They turned out really nice and the sky and background were just beautiful! One of these photos will be featured in a local magazine (called City Scapes?) and may also be used by Boatwerks Restaurant in upcoming ads or promotions. So if you see me & Pankaj (and his shrimp) popping up in ads around Holland in the near future, you'll know the story behind the photo!

The restaurant treated us to a wonderful meal afterwards. I had the special which was fillet mignon wrapped in pancetta (bacon) and garlic mushroom risotto. It was delicious! Pankaj and I also had raspberry truffle martinis with Godiva white chocolate - - it was just like drinking dessert. Pankaj had been to Boatwerks twice in the past for lunch, but this was his first time for dinner. This was my first visit there ever, and I can't wait to go back again. Jay and Judy, if you are reading this, I think Boatwerks is where we'll be taking you guys when you visit us at Christmas time!

No comments: