On Monday, Pankaj and I took Samedh to his very first parade. Sure, it was only small-town Zeeland's Memorial Day Parade, but it still had all the bells and whistles that I promised would be there. There were tons of people, both in and watching the parade. Residents of the entire city and surrounding townships must have been present. And there were plenty of tractors, trucks and cars, which Samedh really enjoyed. Much more tractors than I expected, though. And Pankaj wasn't too thrilled with all the fumes.
This parade was exactly the same as I remember as a child. Even the same candy, and the same greedy little children pushing and shoving their way to the candy! The only difference was the use of cell phones, which obviously weren't around in the early 1980's. Everyone around us was on the phone - - either sending or receiving calls. Maybe they were just trying to communicate to friends on the other end of the parade route...
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment