Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New to NASCAR

Our family is new to NASCAR, and Samedh has become an overnight fan of the sport. It all happened by accident in a way. We were snowed in pretty badly the day of the Daytona 500, so I put it on to entertain Samedh. He was hooked immediately, especially when Pankaj pointed out the M&M's car speeding around the track. Samedh has always been a fan of M&M's candies, and now Kyle Busch, #18 (who drives the "M's" car) has become his favorite NASCAR driver. The only race we didn't see this season was the one last Sunday, and Samedh was quite excited to learn that "his driver" had won. I'm not sure how long Samedh's fascination with car racing will last, but in the meantime, it is fun for him as well as educational. He is quickly recognizing numbers greater than 10 (ex: 18, 24), and even pointed out the "number zero" car to me during a recent race. When I looked at the car on the TV screen, sure enough - - there was 00 (double zero).

No comments: