November 29, 2006
We headed out for the day at 11:15am, and met Sanghamitra, Aloke and Udbhav around noon at their hotel. Sanghamitra and Aloke also live in Michigan, and visited Bal Vikas one week before we did to meet their son Udbhav for the first time. Udbhav (who will soon be renamed Anish) is only nine days older than Samedh. We ate lunch and visited and had a good time. The boys were very quiet at first, almost seeming to recognize each other from just two weeks ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At lunch, Udbhav ate everything and still wanted more. (Samedh is just the opposite!) They shared some of Udbhav's mashed potatoes with Samedh and he actually ate them. It may have helped that he saw Udbhav eating so well. I also tried to give Samedh soem Gerber pears, but he refused. I ate them, which caused great distress to Udbhav. He eats Gerber foods all the time, and recognized the container. I think he seriously thought I was eating HIS food.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After lunch, Sanghamitra and Aloke had to go to the Embassy to pick up Udbhav's passport and visa. Pankaj and I went sight-seeing with Samedh. Mr. Singh took us to India Gate and also drove us past the capitol. Our last stop was the Lotus Temple, which was beautiful. We got some really nice photos and video today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later in the afternoon, my left eye began getting irritated, swollen and red. I wore contacts the past few days, and Delhi was quite polluted. Our taxi has no A/C, so exhaust and fumes came in through the windows that were cracked open for "fresh" air.










No comments:
Post a Comment