Wednesday, April 01, 2009

All You've Ever Wanted...But Really Don't Need

My car is seven years old and has close to 70,000 miles. It's the best car I've ever had, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. However, I WOULD trade in Pankaj's car for a new one, and he got me thinking about it earlier this week. He said if the deal is right, I could get something bigger and HE could drive the Impala. Then he suggested, "Maybe you'd like a minivan." What? Me in a minivan? I never considered myself a "minivan mom", so I don't think that's an option.

However, I can see myself behind the wheel of a Chevy Traverse, and now I can't get that vehicle out of my mind. I even found the perfect color - - I think it's called Dark Cherry Metallic. The Traverse seats up to eight passengers, so there would be plenty of room for transporting Samedh & friends or Samedh & cousins. But at the end of the day, it's really not the time for us to buy a new vehicle. A good incentive might change our minds, but there aren't any good incentives out there. When the time comes in a few years, I'll just have to see what vehicle will fit our family the best. Traverse? Tahoe? Trailblazer? Maybe. But I definitely know it will NOT be a minivan.

No comments: