
First of all, I want to wish everyone a very happy Paczki Day! After lunch today, I sat down with Samedh and prepared to share a delicious strawberry flavored paczki with him. It would be his first. I even placed a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side to temp him. I was so excited to share this Polish tradition with him, but he had other plans. After one bite of paczki, he turned his head in refusal. Then I tried sneaking him strawberry filling hidden in a scoop of ice cream, but that didn't work either. Well, at least I tried. He doesn't like Polish paczki's...I don't care much for Indian sweets either...
~~~
Earlier this morning, Samedh and I bundled up and went outside on our deck to make another snowman. This is the first time we'd been out on the deck in weeks...After we had our big blizzard, the snow piled up so much against the slider door (and BETWEEN the screen and the door) , that it froze up and the door could not be opened. The temperature was about mid-30's, and it felt wonderful. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and we could really feel spring in the air! Samedh sat on his new sled while I put the snowman together. I put one of my hats on his head and gave him one of my old scarves. All we have in the fridge is baby carrots, so one of those became his nose. When we were done, I took a couple photos with my disposable camera. The last two exposures, so now it's time to take the camera in to Walgreen's for developing. I'll post the photos as soon as I get a photo CD back.
~~~
When we were done with our snowman, Samedh and I took the sled out to the front yard. I pulled him all over the yard, which became very exhausting (even though he is only about 15lbs). The snow is still over one foot deep out front, and it just about covered my boots. Not long after we went back inside, it was nap time for Samedh. I think he was just as exhausted as I was, and he fell asleep immediately. I can't wait for continued warmer weather so he and I can go out and play more often.





No comments:
Post a Comment