Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Very First Hug

Samedh did something very tender and amazing last night: He gave me a hug for the first time! He wasn't all that ready for bed last night, so I let him lay on our bed while I was watching Lost. During a commercial, he stood up and walked over to me. He smiled and then opened his arms, leaned in, and closed his arms around me. He even patted my back. A very touching moment! I called out to Pankaj, who was in the living room reviewing his commercial loan packets, and he quickly came to the bedroom. Apparently, Pankaj has been teaching Samedh "how to hug" for some time now, and never thought Samedh was paying attention. I guess he really was! After my first hug, I got about 10 more in a row, each as sweet as the one before. Daddy got a hug too, before returning to his work. Then Samedh suddenly got very sleepy, and fell asleep next to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb-

That is so sweet that Samedh has learned how to hug! What a loving little guy :-) Prasad is addicted to "huggies" as he calls them, and stops me everywhere in the house for a huggie break. You can never give too many!