Saturday, February 24, 2007

New Winter Photos





Here are some photos I took recently of Samedh, enjoying his first Michigan winter. I still don't have a new digital camera (one of these days!), but I found that the quality of prints from a disposable camera is pretty good. And thanks to a photo CD from Walgreens, I can still share photos with friends online.
~~~
I made the snowman last Tuesday while Samedh sat in his sled on our deck and watched. I later added a baby carrot for a nose, my hat and one of my old scarves. The carrot nose fell out soon after, as we had temps in the 40's. Snowman's head melted the next day, and his hat and scarf were laying next to him. Samedh didn't seem to mind, though. He still waves at "Snowman" from the slider door.
~~~
Now that some of the snow has melted off our deck, you can finally see the black oil sunflower seeds we put out there for the birds BEFORE our last storm, which was earlier this month. (The seeds quickly got buried with 2 feet of snow at that time.) Mourning doves have started coming to munch, and we've also had regular visits from sparrows and house finches. Occasionally, we see goldfinches, though it's still hard to distinguish males from females this early in the year. Now tonight we are expecting another winter storm, which will bury the seeds again. It sounds like blizzard conditions for all day Sunday, so today we'll be preparing to be stuck in the house all day tomorrow. I just hope we don't lose power this time...

1 comment:

Peebles Family Weblog said...

Deb-
What an adorable little bundle in the snow! I just love those pictures :-) All our snow is gone for the year....it was in the 70's yesterday!