
We had a lot of bird activity out on our deck this morning, and Samedh would point and shout whenever a new bird arrived looking for seeds. He is especially fond of the mourning doves who come for a drink from our heated bird bath. He often looks at the dove and then over to Cosmo, as if to compare the two types of birds. ~~~
With all the feathered visitors coming and going, I decided to put a tray of seeds out for them. There's already plenty of nyjer seed in the finch feeder, but sparrows can't get to it easily. So I got an old party tray out and put together a feast of black oil sunflower seeds, more nyjer seed, and some of Cosmo's discarded seeds (the white millet mix). I set the tray on top of the snow on our deck, and also filled fresh water in the bird bath. Then we waited. And waited. No more visitors. Samedh wasn't too happy, so I tried to explain that the birds were probably perched in the trees taking their naps. They'll be back eventually. At least I hope so. I'll bet that as soon as Samedh wakes from his own nap he'll be right there at the window looking for them.





No comments:
Post a Comment