Today's waterspout on Lake MichiganThis morning, Cosmo and I experienced our first tornado warning together. I was checking my email around 11:30 a.m. when I heard the tornado sirens outside. At first I thought it was a test, as they typically test the sirens on the first Friday of the month at noon. But it wasn't noon and it certainly was not the first Friday, so I checked the weather on woodtv.com. Right at the top of the screen read, "Tornado Warning for Allegan and Ottawa Counties until 11:45 a.m." A waterspout was spotted over Lake Michigan earlier in the morning. I clicked on Ottawa, and noticed that the storm path could likely include Zeeland.
I immediately went upstairs to get Cosmo and my cell phone. I also grabbed a bag of oatmeal cookies I baked the other day:) Once Cosmo was settled in the basement, I went back for her cage cover and some extra blankets. Before today, she had never seen the basement. She certainly didn't mind, though, and just continued her regular routine of preening and beautifying. No wonder they're often called pretty bird.
But just as quickly as our "adventure" began, it was all over. The tornado warning soon expired, as the water spout had dissipated as it reached the shore. By noon we were both back upstairs and getting on with the rest of our day.





No comments:
Post a Comment